Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The girlfriends in my accountablility group have been reading through a book titled "Reaching for an Invisible God" by Phillip Yancy. We have been 'reading' thru this book for a year now! It seems we just can't zoom past all the thought provoking insights Mr Yancy shares. Like this one:
"After considering the various words used of the Holy Spirit, both in Greek and English, James Houston summarizes them in the simple word, 'friend'. A true friend always has my best interest at heart. . . . . When I think of the fear and discomfort summoned up by mentioning the Holy Spirit, I have to laugh at the irony of being spooked by the Comforter."

It strikes me as funny too! Why would I be scared of a 'friend'! Being raised in church (in the South), it seems I missed somehow, the teachings about the God who lived inside of me was for me not against me. Even as an adult, it is overwhelming to me that God loves me from the inside out.

If God thru the Holy Spirit, lives on the inside of me, doesn't it make sense that if I want to see more of God in my life, then there simply needs to be less of me?

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment